Imagine Watford 2020 Local Commission Now Open
8 November 2019
Imagine Watford is an exciting festival of extraordinary open air moments, featuring the highest quality outdoor arts performance from national and international artists that transform Watford Town Centre into a place of wonder and excitement.
Imagine Watford was founded by the Watford Cultural Leaders Group and is created, managed and programmed by Watford Palace Theatre.
In 2020 Imagine Watford turns ten!
LOCAL 2020 COMMISSION
To celebrate our birthday, we will be supporting local artists to develop a new piece of work specifically for outdoor spaces and audiences. Support will be bespoke to the artists needs and projects proposed but will include:
- Seed commissioning money of between £1,000 and £5,000
- Mentoring support in developing the work for outdoor contexts – including buddying local artists with acclaimed national companies who work successfully in the outdoor arts sector.
- Assistance with applying for further funding from the Imagine Watford team.
- Help with partnership building
- A platform to perform at Imagine Watford 2020 (10 year anniversary festival)
This opportunity is open for artists who meet the following criteria:
- Are based in Watford or are based in Hertfordshire but have an interest in, or connection to Watford
- Have an interest in working in outdoor arts
- Can demonstrate a track record of working in the arts – this can be anything from theatre, music and dance to pottery, visual art or poetry.
Artists should propose an idea for a piece of work that meets these guidelines
- Is 20 – 30 mins in length
- Has minimal external technical needs (show will need to fit in multiple spaces and/or share space with another company. Your idea might incorporate portable tech if this is planned within its design.)
- Is suitable for a family audience (our festival is for the whole family. Though we love work that digs into issues that affect our local, national and international communities we cannot showcase work that contains, swearing, violence or anything of an overtly sexual nature)
- Is accessible to a wide-ranging audience (this could mean that it is suitable to varying ages, incorporates BSL or uses many or no spoken languages at all)
- Is visually impactful allowing us to bring the streets of Watford to life
To apply please download the Commission Application form here. Please read the application form carefully and answer all the questions. If you are attaching documents, please clearly title them to let us know which question they are being used for answering.
DOWNLOAD PDF APPLICATION HERE
DOWNLOAD WORD APPLICATION HERE
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY 24TH NOVEMBER 2019
Please note: These applications should be sent to email@example.com – these applications will then be assessed by the Imagine Watford Artistic and Producing team and shortlisted applicants will be invited to Watford Palace Theatre to present their ideas to the team week commencing 2nd DECEMBER 2019
The final chosen commissions will then be notified of their successful application and planning can begin.
Further information on Imagine Watford festival can be found at: http://www.imaginewatford.co.uk/
If you have any questions or require any assistance, then please do email firstname.lastname@example.org